About the department
The department of Mathematics was established in 2015 and one teaching staff in Mathematics Department.
Daw Mya Mya Min (Assistant Lecturer) has been appointed as Head of the department from May 2015 and on wards.
There are two full-time academic staffs, an Assistant Lecturer as Head of the Department and one full-time tutor in the Department.
Department Of Mathematics (Former Heads)
|Name||:||Daw Mya Mya Min|
|Rank||:||Assistant Lecturer / Head|
|Degree||:||M.Sc ( Maths; )|
Department Of Mathematics (Academic Staffs)
|Name||:||Daw Kay Thi Soe|
|Degree||:||B.Sc (Hons:),M.Sc (Maths:),M.Res (Maths:)|
2015-2016 Academic Year
2016-2017 Academic Year
2017-2018 Academic Year
Theory – 38 hours
Discussion – 18 hours
Revision – 4 hours
Three Theory tests – 4 hours
Total – 64 hours
Aim and Objectives
- Develop logical thinking power
Provide basic Mathematical Knowledge and Skills needs to apply to real-world problems later in their careers as practicing as research docter.
Acquire a basic knowledge of mathematics which will later be useful in its application to medical sciences.
Develop skills in computing methods and techniques associated with information on practical work and research.
Achieve a habit of going through a process of logical thinking by training in mathematical reasoning and thus make correct decisions suitable to circumstances.
- Fundamental Principle
- Conditional Probability Independent and
- Department Events
- Mean ,Medium, Mode
- Range,The Mean Deviation from the Mean
- Standard Deviation,The Variance,Standard Deviation data in the form of Frequency Distribution
- Probability Density Function
- Expectation of x and f(x)
- Variance of Random Variable
- Camultaive Distribution Function
Expectation and Variance of two Independent
- Random Variables Distribution
- Binomial Distribution
Use of Poission Distribution
- The Distribution of random events
- Approximation to Binimial Distribution
- Nature of the Normal Curve
- Transform of the Standard Normal Distribution
- Standard Normal Distribution
- Function of Standard Normal variable
- Use of Standard Normal Tables
Determination of a Confidence Internal for the mean M of a Normal Distribution with known and unknown variance o2
- Statements and Truth Tables
- Conditional Statements
- Open Sentences
- Quantified Statements
- Validity of an Argument
- Integration formula,Properties of Integral
- Constant of Integration
- Method of Substitution ,Integration by parts
- Area under the curve
Variable separable and Linear First Order
- Differential Equations